- The trigger lock is a simple and inexpensive ways to safely store your firearms from being loaded or fired by an unauthorized user. Whether they are provided by the manufacturer or dealer, most new air guns are now sold with a trigger lock in the box. These locks take different forms. A trigger shoe clamps around the trigger or trigger housing to prevent the trigger from being obstructed. Because these devices come in direct contact with the trigger, they should never be installed on loaded guns.
- Gun cases are readily available at local sporting goods stores in a variety of sizes, shapes and material options to fit every type of commercially available firearm. Case options range from padded fabric sleeves to rubbed foam-lined plastic containers, priced from $ 10 to $ 150. The primary role of such economical carry cases is to avoid physical damage to one or more firearms. Related Article – 15 Best Air Rifle Reviews 2019 – DO NOT BUY BEFORE READING THIS!
- The Strong boxes and safety cases represent an effort by manufacturers to provide gun owners with the anti-theft and gun-finish safety features of a locking gun cabinet while maintaining the portability of handgun and long gun carrying cases. Pricing for these units varies greatly from anywhere from $ 50 to less than $ 300, depending on the level of technology involved in the system. For those who want quick access to defensive firearms, some of the best storage options are found in this category.
- Locking steel gun cabinets provide an increased level of storage capacity and internal configuration options compared to safety cases and sturdy boxes, but they differ from gun safes in many respects. The absence of thin steel gauges, a simple locking mechanism, and fire-resistant insulation places these units in the $ 150 to $ 450 price range and reduces their weight. Because these cabinets are light enough to be carried safely up and down stairs by only one or two people, they can be employed in places such as apartment buildings or second-floor rooms, where a gun is safely installed. Will be too big or heavy.
- Gun safes represent the safest gun storage option available to the average gun owner. An original, no-frills safe is better than any other storage option discussed so far to prevent unauthorized access to firearms. Dedicated racks and lined interiors will help protect guns from overfishing and most importantly, safes are an effective theft deterrent. A gun safe weight, the outer box’s heavy-gauge steel, complex locking mechanisms, and the option to tie a secure slab directly to the concrete slab all thwart the burglar’s efforts. Safe not only fulfills the three-fold mission of safe gun storage, they can also provide additional protection against floods, fires and other disasters. Quality safes are available from American manufacturers, including Cannon, Fort Knox and Liberty Safe.
These are the best 5 ways to Safely Store Your Firearms.